Friday, May 1, 2015

And so it begins...



I can't believe that we are FINALLY launching. You must understand dear readers, that this has been one of my passion projects for the past few months now after a friend pitched the idea to me. In her words, she felt like there weren't enough spaces to talk about some of the important issues that young people like you and I are facing today, and no, whilst we would like to, we are not talking about ending world hunger or creating world peace, but rather how to deal with the every day issues and realities of living in South Africa and form part of a greater collective as citizens of the world. The idea behind naming this project the positive diaries came about from my personal experience as a young woman living with HIV and often being reduced to a number, an idea, a misconception, of which for the most part I have no control over. As such, the "The Positive Diaries" were born, as a method to debunk those myths and give you the real facts, as I am sure you will give me you're truths, insights and so on on the issues you are facing.

Now before you move on to the next page I want to reiterate that whilst I will be posting mainly from the perspective of a young positive, "The positive diaries" are about more than just HIV and AIDS they are about living an creating a healthy lifestyle for yourself, whether that be by eating well, working out, taking care of your mental health etc. "The positive diaries" hope to be reflective of every young person reading this, a personal diary if you will, that deals will the things that affect us all and whilst the "The positive diaries" are an extension of some of the ideals of Rebranding HIV, a company I founded what seems like many moons ago, it is not a Rebranding HIV project but rather a personal endeavor, one which, as previously mentioned has been created with help from my closest friends. This project has been a labor of love and I am grateful that I have been able to get as many of my friends involved as possible because at the end of the day, this is more than just about sharing my personal stories but sharing the stories of all of you.

As we continue on this new and exciting journey I hope that all the content that we produce here is relevant for you as a young person whether you are living with HIV or not, because at the end of the day we could all benefit from living and leading a positive life, one in which all of our holistic needs are taken care of. From food to fashion, to debunking some of the myths around HIV/AIDS and overall sexual health, we hope to create an interactive and relevant platform for all that will help you to live your Positive life.

No comments:

Post a Comment